Khelo India Programme components, objectives, eligibility criteria, launch date, game structure, check details of KISG, KIYG, KIUG sports for school, college, university level, full details here!
India’s Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has launched the Khelo India Program. The government has launched the Khelo India Scheme. will provide athletes and coaches with training to help them perform better at the international level (Olympics). These will be the best tournaments ever held at the high school, college, or university levels. The central government For the fiscal years 2017-18, 2018-19, and 2019-20, the government spent Rs. 1756 crore on the revamped Khelo India scheme.
Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore (Minister of State, I/C) announced that the Central Government has decided to withdraw from the World Cup. The ‘Pan Indian Sports Scholarship Scheme’ will select 1000 athletes. Furthermore, the government will provide financial assistance and resources worth up to Rs 5 lakh for an eight-year period Furthermore, the government Every year, 1000 new athletes will be added. As a result, the primary goal of this scheme is to promote “Sports for All.” Also Read | Exclusive Interview: Sanket Mahadev Sargar’s CWG 2022 Medal And His Inspiring Journey
This programme seeks to mainstream sports for the development of individuals, communities, and economies, as well as to promote national development. According to the statement, this will be a “Watershed Movement” in sports history. This programme will benefit approximately 200 million children aged 10 to 18.
Khelo India Program Eligibility Criteria
The Khelo India Programme is a national yojana/scheme for sports development in India. It was inaugurated in Delhi in 2018 by then-Sports Minister Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore. This programme was created to improve India’s sports culture. The following are the eligibility requirements for the Khelo India programme:
Candidates under the age of 17 are eligible to compete in the under-17 category.
Candidates under the age of 21 are eligible to compete in the under-21 category.
What are the Goals of the Khelo India Program?
The Union Cabinet approved the revamped ‘Khelo India’ programme, which combines the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan‘ (formerly known as the ‘Yuva Krida & Khel Abhiyan’), the ‘Urban Sports Infrastructure Scheme’, and the National Sports Talent Search System Programme. The programme promotes both “Sports for Excellence” and “Sports for All.” The following are the main goals of the central government’s Khelo India Program:
- It will be a Central Sector Scheme (Scheme implemented by the Central Government machinery and 100% funding by the Union Government).
- It is a Pan India Sports Scholarship scheme covering the 1000 most deserving and talented athletes across the sports discipline, every year.
- Selected athletes will be entitled to a scholarship amount of Five Lakh Rupees for eight consecutive years.
- It is an unprecedented scheme, a first-ever plan to be implemented for creating a long-term development pathway for athletes.
- To enable the sportsman to pursue both studies and sports, the program aims at identifying and promoting 20 Universities in the country as centres of sporting distinction.
- For sports promotion, the latest user-friendly technology would be used. Ex: Geographic Information System (GIS) for locating the sports infrastructure, a user-friendly website for indigenous sports, a National Sports Talent Search Portal and information dissemination for sports training through mobile apps.
- To ensure maximum entries for organized sports competitions, the programme encourages the school and colleges to organize programmes of high standards.
- Forming an active population with a healthy lifestyle is also the focus of this programme. For this purpose, a National Physical Fitness Drive is planned where children falling in the age bracket 10-18 years will be checked for physical fitness. Further, activities to support their physical fitness will be planned.
- The aim is to impact the whole of the sports ecosystem inclusive of the sports economy, competition structure, talent identification, coaching and infrastructure.
- The programme plans to engage youth living in deprived and disturbed areas into sporting activities so that they will be mainstreamed into the process of nation-building and weaned away from disruptive activities.
Watch Tulika Maan Exclusive Interview Here:
Khelo India Program Is Required
Sports and fitness are extremely valuable in one’s life. Playing sports fosters team spirit, strategic and analytical thinking, leadership abilities, goal setting, and risk taking. A fit and healthy individual contributes to a healthy society and a strong nation. Sports are an extremely important component of our country’s overall development. In recent years, India has made steady progress in the field of sports. This enormous potential must be showcased on a global scale. It’s time to inspire young talent and provide them with world-class infrastructure and training.
Games Structure in Khelo India Programme
Khelo India University Games (KIUG)
Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG) –
Khelo India School Games (KISG) –
KISCE Khelo India States List –
Khelo India Mobile App –
What year did the Khelo India Programme begin?
Khelo India National Programme for Sports Development, also known as Play India, aims to improve India’s sports culture at the grassroots level through organised talent identification, structured sporting competitions, and infrastructure development. It is a Government of India programme launched in 2016-17 during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s tenure, as well as Sports Ministers Vijay Goel and Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore. Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Judo, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Shooting, Swimming, Volleyball, Weightlifting, and Wrestling would be included in the Khelo India Program.